Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas Year Round

The spirit and hope of Christmas is really needed all year. The contact with those we do not see through out the year. The hope that next year will bring the joy we want should not fade with our resolutions. As an Immortal it is important to keep that love and joy alive, for ourselves and for those we are destined to reach out to.

There is not a person alive who does not love to receive mail that is NOT a bill, NOT an ad, and NOT attached with tethers of responsibility. There is also not a person alive that does not need a little touch of Christmas to remind them that they too are deserving of our thoughts and prayers.

Hopefully you found those clearance Christmas Cards, because this is when they are now going to come into play. Depending on the quantity and the time you want to invest in this project, label up several with addresses of loved ones that you want to sent these to over the next year. I have two people (who happen to be two of my Immortals) that I will alternate every other month for this year, and one more that I will send a few more too. And some others that I will send as the time arises. With the cards I will add a sheet of paper with some of the little notes that I will put in them (I will write them in as I send them, but if i know what I will be writing it will take off the pressure to come up with something clever at the time of mailing! Being an Immortal does not mean to add so much stress to yourself that you want to give up before starting.) These are some suggestions:

Christmas is just not for December anymore, It is all year long! You were in my thoughts today and you were then.

I can't let Christmas go this year! I want it to last and last! So into the this year the holiday goes, let's not keep it in the past!

December is too far away to wait for that special day! Even when the temperature is on the rise, may the Christmas twinkle be in your eyes!

I thought of you today and just wanted to send a note your way. And what better way to show I care than keep Christmas in the air.

This card is not late, it is early as can be. Merry Christmas 2009, to you from me!

Now come on, doesn't that just make you smile! Get the cards ready - hand write the notes for the personal touch. When you hear of someone a little sad, this will perk them up, when you need to put a smile on your own face, send it to someone who needs one themselves. You do not have to put anything in the card. And you actually can send it anonymously. I do not because have the fun of being an Immortal is to be the subject of an amusing conversation somewhere!

1 comment: